Mobile online casino security
Playing at a mobile online casino should be a fun, entertaining and a safe experience knowing that you are in a secure environment. It’s all about having a good time, and hey, if you win in the process, BONUS!
But how secure are online casinos?
A question that many new players to the online casino industry will ask with justification of course as we live in a world where we like to be 100% sure of where we are, what we are doing and the guarantee that we are safe while doing it.
Unlike a land-based casino that you can physically walk into, see the machines and tables you want to play on, and of course hand over cash or your card to the bank tellers to swipe for credits, online means everything is virtual, and you need a guarantee that the systems in place at the mobile online casino are solid and secure.
Things to look out for when signing up at a new online casino:
- Make sure the casino is licensed.
- The casino is approved by eCOGRA.
- It must provide a list of payment methods that are approved.
In terms of what standards we set at MobileCasino.ca in the casinos we review and present to you as viable options, the above elements are a MUST. Without question, we will not compromise on these important factors and settle for anything less.
- Licenses from The Kanhawake Gaming Commission are approved and regulated.
- eCOGRA, an independent auditing body is dedicated to making sure your time gambling is fair and safe – look out for casinos that have been awarded their ’Seal of Approval’.
- The same high standards of banking you receive from your banking institution are expected online too, with the same methods in place for your convenience.
Digital encryption technology
Military grade digital encryption is used at all reputable mobile online casinos. This is the same exact technology employed at all leading financial intuitions worldwide. The digital encryption uses 128-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology to make sure that fraud and any other untoward activity is curbed and transactions and gambling are safe at all times.
Random Number Generator
A Random Number Generator (RNG) is an algorithm that is built into mobile online casino software to ensure that when you place a bet on a game, the bet cannot be rigged in anyway or manipulated to predict an outcome. Stringent auditing by independent watch dogs is undertaken to ensure that payouts on games with RNG’s are also 100% fair.
Safeguarding your money while you play online
Although online casinos have taken every precaution to make sure your time playing is safe and secure, there are also a few things you can do to make sure the whole process and your player journey gives you peace of mind:
- Keep your login details and especially your password private.
- If you receive an email promoting you to click on a link where you need to log in to your bank account, don’t. Report this email to the fraud detection team.
- Keep a personal record of all your online casino transactions.
- If you feel suspicious in anyway over transactions on your account, don’t hesitate to contact the casino’s support center straight away.
- Website URL’s with an https:// in the front of it means added security is in place for you, so be aware of which websites have this in their domain name.
By reading the recommended mobile online casinos that are offered here at MobileCasino.ca, you are guaranteed that all of the abovementioned trust cues are adhered to and you time playing is one of complete peace of mind.